WESTERN UKRAINIAN PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC
(Zapadno-Ukrainskaja Narodnaja Respublika - ZUNR)
Conflict in Galicia 1919-1920
NAME VICTORIES AIRFORCE
Šeremecinskij, Arkadij 3 AF of UGA
Aleljuchin, F. 2 AF of UGA
Serikov, M. 2 AF of UGA
Huber, Boris 1 AF of UGA
Rudolfer 1 AF of UGA
- Polish combat losses totaled 47 aircraft destroyed, of which three were shot
down by Bolshevik fighters and 44 by enemy ground defenses (34 by the
Bolsheviks, eight by the Ukrainians and two by the
Germans); a further 20 aircraft were heavily damaged: four in air combat (three
by the Bolsheviks and one by the Ukrainians) and 16
by the enemy ground defenses (12 by the Bolsheviks and four by the
Ukrainians). Cynk, Jerzy B.: The Polish Air Force
At War, The Official History, Vol. 1 1939-1943, p. 37, Schiffer Publishing
- AF of UGA : Air Force of Ukrainian Galician Army.
Sources & Literature
- Researcher Tomáš Polák.
- Charuk, Andrej: Aviatsiya Ukrainskoi Galitskoi Armii, in Istorija
Aviaciji, No. 6, 2002.
- Olejko, Andrzej: Udział lotnictwa w wojnie polsko-ukraińskiej
1918-1919r., in Lotnictwo, No. 11, 2008.
- Wojna polsko-ukraińska 1918-1919,
Copyright © Jan Josef ŠAFAŘÍK
Generated: Tue Dec 16 21:00:30 CET 2008