NAME CONFIRMED PROBABLE DAMAGE AIRFORCE COMMENTS
Plagis, John Agorastos 17 [15+2] 4 [2+2] 7 [6+1] RAF
Maguire, William Ivan Hartley 13 1 2 RAF
St. Quintin, Perry Robert 9 1 0 RAF
Buchanan, George Andrew Forsyth 7 [6+1] 3 5 RAF
Dicks-Sherwood, Eric Sidney 7 [5+2] 0 6 [5+1] RAF
Hull, Ceasar Barrand 8 [4+4] 3 [2+1] 2 RAF
Williams, Ernest Leopold 5 1 2 RAF +11 V-1, +4 OTG *)
Deal, John Howard 5 [2+3] 0 0 RAF
Trollip, Eldon W. C. 2 [1+1] 3 [2+1] 0 RAF
Holderness, John Browning 1 [0+1] 0 0 RAF
*) ... Deall, John Howard (Navigator/Radar Operator) RNZAF
John Agorastos Plagis
Supermarine Spitfire LF.Mk.IXC, ML214 (5J-K), No. 126 Fighter Squadron
"Persian Gulf", July 1944, Pilot S/Ldr John A. Plagis, DSO, DFC.
A list of the Rhodesian pilots that took part in The Battle Of Britain
Sources & Literature
- Bowman, Martin W.: Achtung! Moskito!: RAF and USAAF Mosquito Fighters, Fighter-Bombers, and Bombers over the Third Reich 1941-1945, Schiffer Publishing Ltd, October 31, 2009.
- Caygill, Peter: Spitfire Mk.I-V, edice Bojové legendy, Nakladatelství Jan Vašut, Praha 2004.
- Caygill, Peter: Spitfire Mk.VI-F.24, edice Bojové legendy, Nakladatelství Jan Vašut, Praha 2005.
- Cull, Brian: V-1 útočí, Plejáda, Praha 2011.
- Cull, Brian - Galea, Frederick: Hurricanes Over Malta: June 1940-April 1942, Grub Street, Jan 15, 2002.
- Cull, Brian – Galea, Frederick: Spitfire over Malta, The Epic Air Battle, Grub Street, London 2005.
- Cull, Brian - Lander, Bruce: Diver! Diver! Diver!, RAF and American Fighter PilotsBattle the V-1 Assault over South-East England 1944-45, Grub Street, London 2008.
- Foreman, John: RAF Fighter Command Victory Claims of World War Two, Part One 1939-1940, Red Kite, 2003.
- Foreman, John: RAF Fighter Command Victory Claims of World War Two, Part Two January 1941 - June 1943, Red Kite, 2005.
- Glineur, Pol: La Luftwaffe sur Malte (1941-1943), Tome 2 : La grande offensive (janvier-avril 1942), Batailles Aériennes, No. 086, Octobre-Novembre-Décembre 2018.
- Hess, William N.: The Allied Aces of World War II, Arco Publishing Co, Inc., New York 1966
- Holmes, Harry: Avro Lancaster, edice Bojové legendy, Nakladatelství Jan Vašut, Praha 2004.
- Kelly, Terence: Hurricane over the Jungle: 120 Days Fighting the Japanese Onslaught in 1942, William Kimber & Co. Limited, 1977.
- Rak, Michal: Red Letter Day 322. křídla RAF, in Military revue, No. 9, 2012.
- Ramsey, Winston G.: The Battle of Britain Then And Now, After The Battle Publication, London 2000.
- Shores, Christopher: Air Aces, Presidio Press, Novato, CA, 1983.
- Shores, Christopher – Cull, Brian – Malizia, Nicola: Malta: The Hurricane Years 1940-1941, Grub Street, London 1987.
- Shores, Christopher – Cull, Brian – Malizia, Nicola: Malta: The Spitfire Year 1942, Grub Street, London 1991.
- Shores, Christopher - Williams, Clive: Aces High, A Tribute to the Most Notable Fighter Pilots of the British and Commonwealth Forces in WWII, Grub Street, London 1994.
- Shores, Christopher: Aces High, Volume 2, A Further Tribute to the Most Notable Fighter Pilots of the British and Commonwealth Forces in WWII, Grub Street, London 1999.
- Shores, Christopher: Those Other Eagles: A Tribute to the British, Commonwealth and Free European Fighter Pilots Who Claimed Between Two and Four Victories in Aerial Combat,1939 - 1982 (Companion Volume to Aces High), Grub Street, London, Jul 14, 2004.
- Shores, Christopher - Thomas, Chris: 2nd Tactical Air Force, Volume One, Spartan To Normandy June 1943 To June 1944, Classic Publications, 2004.
- Shores, Christopher - Thomas, Chris: 2nd Tactical Air Force, Volume Two, From Breakout To Bodenplatte July 1944 to January 1945, Classic Publications, 2005.
- Shores, Christopher - Thomas, Chris: 2nd Tactical Air Force, Volume Three, From the Rhine to Victory January to July 1945, Classic Publications, 2006.
- Thomas, Andrew: V1 Flying Bomb Aces, Aircraft of the Aces 113, Osprey Publishing, September 2013.
- Wynn, Kenneth G.: Men of the Battle of Britain, 60th Anniversary Edition: a who was who of the pilots and aircrew, British, Commonwealth and Allied, who flew with Royal Air Force Fighter Command July 10 to October 31, 1940, CCB Aviation Books, 1999.
- Wynn, Kenneth G.: Men of the Battle of Britain, A Biographical Directory of The Few, The pilots and other aircrew from throughout the British Empire and its allies who flew with the Royal Air Force, Fighter Command, between July 10th and October 31st 1940, and earned the ‘immediate’ award of the 1939-1945 Star with Battle of Britain Clasp, Frontline Books, 2015. ISBN: 978-1-47384-767-5
- Aces of World War II,
- Ciel De Gloire - Histoire des As de L Aviation de 1914 a nos jours,
- Gleize, Jean-Paul: Aces,
- Mansolas, Yiannis - Mansolas, Angelos: Greeks In Spitfires, A short story for the Greek pilots and their Spitfires 1942-49,
http://imansolas.freeservers.com/Aces/Greeks in Spitfires.html.
- Mansolas, Yiannis - Mansolas, Angelos: Juhn Plagis: The Greek Ace of Rhodesia ,
- Minterne, Don: The History of 73 Squadron RAF, Part 2 of 3, November 1940 to September 1943, Tutor Publications, 1997.