NAME DESTROYED DAMAGED UNIT/AIRFORCE COMMENTS
unknown 1 - No. 96 Squadron IrAF 1.
- On 23 December 2002, an Iraqi MiG-25 shot down a U.S. Air Force unmanned MQ-1 Predator drone, which was performing armed reconnaissance over Iraq. This was the first time in history that an aircraft and an unmanned drone had engaged in combat. Predators had been armed with AIM-92 Stinger air-to-air missiles and were being used to "bait" Iraqi fighter aircraft, then run. In this incident, the Predator did not run, but instead fired one of the Stingers, which missed, while the MiG's missile did not.
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25PDS, Iraqi Air Force
Sources & Literature
- Dildy, Doug - Cooper, Tom: F-15C Eagle versus MiG-23/25, Iraq 1991, Osprey Duel 72, Osprey Publishing, 21 Apr 2016.
- Holmes, Tony: US Navy Hornet Units of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Part One, Osprey Combat Aircraft 46, Osprey Publishing, July 25 2004.
- ACIG Team: Iraqi Air-to-Air Victories since 1967 , http://www.acig.info/CMS/index.php?.... [Out of order]
- Air engagements of the Gulf War, WikipediA, The Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_engagements_of_the_Gulf_War. [Online, accessed 19-February-2019]
- Air to Air engagements and losses Gulf War 1991 till 2003, Iraqi Armed Forces Forums, http://iraqimilitary.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=853. [Online, accessed 19-February-2019]
- List of aircraft shootdowns, WikipediA, The Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_shootdowns. [Online, accessed 19-February-2019]
- МиГ-25, Википедия—свободная энциклопедия, http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/МиГ-25. [Online, accessed 19-February-2019]
- Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25, WikipediA, The Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-25. [Online, accessed 19-February-2019]