NAME VICTORIES COMMENTS
Peters, Noel 1 1.
|15. 2. 1961
||Hawker Sea Fury
||near Mae Sai|
- 15 February 1961 A Republic of China Air Force PB4Y (423) was shot down by Burmese Hawker Sea Fury fighter aircraft, near Mae Sai (just inside the Thai border across from the Burmese town of Tachilek, Shan State), killing the crew of five. Two other crewmembers were taken prisoner. This aircraft was carrying supplies for Chinese Kuomintang forces fighting in northern Burma. The Sea Fury, piloted by Noel Peters. Peters shot down the P4Y-2 but was hit by return fire and crashed, losing his life
Hawker Sea Fury, UB-466, pilot Noel Peters, Burmese Air Force.
Hawker Sea Fury, Burmese Air Force.
Consolidated PB4Y Privateer, Republic of China Air Force.
Sources & Literature
- Gibson, Richard Michael - Chen, Wen H.: The Secret Army: Chiang Kai-shek and the Drug Warlords of the Golden Triangle, Wiley, 2011. ISBN-13: 978-0470830185
- ASN Wikibase Occurrence # 183774, , https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/183774.
- Consolidated PB4Y-2 Privateer, WikipediA, The Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consolidated_PB4Y-2_Privateer.
- Hawker Sea Fury, WikipediA, The Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Sea_Fury.
- Lednicer, David: Intrusions, Overflights, Shootdowns and Defections During the Cold War and Thereafter, http://myplace.frontier.com/~anneled/ColdWar.html.
- ขอต้อนรับสู่โลกการบินของประเทศไทย / The THAI AVIATION Website, https://www.thai-aviation.net/.